Our Children's collection for babies and toddlers through young teens is in our Children's Room. Brief descriptions of the parts of our collection follow.
The following books are usually shelved alphabetically by author's last name.
- "E" lit. Books (Little Books)
Small sized books for very young children and includes many board books.
- "E.R." Books (Easy Readers)
Generally books with larger print with vocabulary for beginning readers through the 2nd grade reading level.
- "E" Books (Easy Books)
Generally for children up to 3rd grade but also enjoyed by older readers.
- "E" Folk and Fairy Tales
Picture book folktales and fairytales, and Mother Goose rhymes for younger children (E398)
- "E" Holiday Books
Picture books (both fiction and non-fiction) with special holiday themes. Holidays include Jewish Holidays, Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. )
- "BIG" Books
Supersized books made especially for sharing with larger groups of children.
- "PT" Items (Parent-teacher Collection)
Books and some audiovisuals to help adults in their role of caregivers of children. Green circular stickers identify these items.
- Educational games on self-contained (non-internet) computers
- Internet access
Juvenile Audio-Visual Collection
- Books and kits that include stories, songs, and foreign language instructional material
- CDs of music and books
- Books and CD kits
- Playaways: Easy to use audio books