The following books are usually shelved alphabetically by author’s last name.
- “E” lit. Books (Little Books)
Small sized books for very young children and includes many board books.
- “E.R.” Books (Easy Readers)
Generally books with larger print with vocabulary for beginning readers through the 2nd grade reading level.
- “E” Books (Easy Books)
Generally for children up to 3rd grade but also enjoyed by older readers.
- “E” Folk and Fairy Tales
Picture book folktales and fairytales, and Mother Goose rhymes for younger children (E398)
- “E” Holiday Books
Picture books (both fiction and non-fiction) with special holiday themes. Holidays include Jewish Holidays, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. )
- “BIG” Books
Supersized books made especially for sharing with larger groups of children.
- “PT” Items (Parent-teacher Collection)
Books and some audiovisuals to help adults in their role of caregivers of children. Green circular stickers identify these items.
- Educational games on self-contained (non-internet) computers
- Internet access
Juvenile Audio-Visual Collection
- Books and kits that include stories, songs, and foreign language instructional material
- CDs of music and books
- Books and CD kits
- Playaways: Easy to use audio books